May 19, 2011

Frozen Food





Hi, everyone!
Today’s topic is in refrigerator.



I often buy frozen food!

It is very useful food for busy people.
That’s all right just putting it in the oven or microwave because frozen foods have been almost prepared and preserved already.




Do you think the user is lazy?

But, there are advantages to use Frozen food.
*Simple and easy to eat
*Cook shortly
*Various kinds, easy adding side dish
*Taste is good
*individual packing – it can take dishes one by one




These days, it is used for making bento.
Because of depression, the number of people bringing their own lunch box is increasing.

Frozen foods are your strong supporters!
If you take Frozen food for bento, you can save your time and add many kinds of side food easily.



Of course, there are some problems.
It’s Food safety.
Do you remember the news about Chinese frozen Gyoza in 2008.
It was mixed toxic substance in gyoza and appeared the victims in Japan.

You have to see the point.
*Check list or indication.
*Frozen food can keep long time but it need to preserve at -18°C or less.
*Eating up until best before date.


My favorite dishes are Kara-age (deep fried chickens), Ebi-shaomai (steamed meat dumplings with shrimp), tako-yaki (octopus fritters) and pasta!

Please tell me your mind and recommendations:)

3 comments:

  1. Hello Noriko♪

    Frozen foods have both advantages and dis advantages, as you said. But I pay more attention to advantages. Actually, they help me a lot to save my time and energy. I have to make Bento for my sister and my brother almost everyday as well as mine. It means I make 3 Bentos everyday. I do not have much time though. So I make 2 or 3 kinds of Okazu and use 1 frozen food on each day. It is just one kind for one day, but it helps me to save much time! Frozen food is my HERO!!!!!!!
    Recently Frozen foods have a great variety and the quality is really high. So we should enjoy them more!
    By the way, my favorite one is deep-fried breaded cutlet of shrimp. It contains tartar sauce in it! Soooooooo delicious! Please try it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that frozen food is really helpful if you are bring your lunch ever day. But I usually buy frozen food for my dinner (O-o) When I get home from work I'm always really tired, and since I live alone and only cook for myself I usually "cheat" on my dinners. In the states I loved these frozen meals called Lean Cuisines. They make great pizzas and sandwiches. In Japan I like the karage but I usually buy from the deli since I want to take it home and eat it immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always use frozen food when I make my lunch box. I like "Isobeage"(it's like chikuwa tempura) and it's not suit for lunch box but I like chanpon covered yellow package. I forgot the name and the company.
    My friend's mom doesn't like frozen food because it's chemical. So my friend always had her lunch box not include frozen food. We have to care about problem like in China.

    ReplyDelete